Sunday, September 9, 2007

Disturbia & Chuk De India

I am writing this post after taking a loooong break from blogging. The reason for my absence was work and exams which I am glad to say are over. Well this weekend I happened to watch 2 movies one was Chuk De India and the other Disturbia. Both the movies were great and if you like watching Hindi and English movies then you should not miss either. I guess most people out there have seen Chuk De India, atleast most people from my office have seen it twice. I was one of the few people who missed to watch it earlier, the good thing was that i didn't have to wait in a long queue to get the tickets and I got good comfortable seats.

Chuk De India is a story of a Hockey player turned Coach of the Indian womens world championship hockey team aka Shaharukh Khan, and his team of girls that has been selected from all corners of India. The movie basically shows how the coach tries to teach the girls to play together as a team and motivates them to win the world championship. The movie also touches upon the fact that cricket is given way too much publicity in India and sports such as Hockey is neglected to a great extent. I particularly liked the fights between the girls and the Haryanvi dialogs of the actor that played Komal Chautala. Its a must watch movie for any cricket fan who is disappointed by the Indian cricket teams performance in England and wants to turn a womens hockey fan.

The main reason I went to see Disturbia was that it had got a 7.5 rating on IMDB and I didn't have much to do on Sunday. The movie is a thriller which revolves around a boy who has been sentenced to a house arrest for 3 months for punching his teacher in the face. The story takes a turn when our hero finds out that one of his neighbor is a serial killer who kills women and preserves their bodies in the basement. I was told by a friend that Disturbia is similar to the movie The Rear Window. I found the movie as thrilling as Vacancy, although Vacancy was a better movie and had much less actors. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes to watch thrillers and who liked Vacancy or The Rear Window (Which I haven't seen).

P.S. I have around 6 posts that I had started but never managed to complete. Hope to publish them soon :P

No comments: