Thursday, May 10, 2007

Weekend in Goa..

This is an account of things that happened on my last trip to Goa. Let me warn you that this is a lengthy post. I had planned of taking 5 days off from work from the 28th April to 2nd May but due to some unfortunate circumstances I had to cut short my trip to 4 days. Due to nonavailability of bus tickets we chose to travel by train. Brenton accompanied Sudesh, Subodh and me this time. Journey was fun because Subodh was carrying playing cards. We went to sleep late at night after playing cards, naming each others top 5 on the most desired list and of course bugging Brenton.

The next morning we reached Margao station and from there 3 of us took a train while Sudesh preferred to travel by bus. I reached home and after having bath watched Chronicles of Narnia, at home I tend to spend most of my time watching TV because I don't get to do that in Pune. Then it was time to visit the University and meet some friends. We all went out for lunch. Someone suggested a place called Mi Casa on the Shiridao slope. The food was good, I was eating fish after almost a month so it was bound to taste good. Sudesh and Pritam unknowingly had pork but nobody puked so it was fine. Some of us spent the evening on the Miramar beach making plans for the night. The Plan was to go out for dinner and then go to Baga beach to watch the final of the Cricket World Cup on big screen.

At night Pele, Sid, Pritam, Sudesh and me met at Mapusa for dinner. Brenton ditched us as usual. After dinner at Ruchira we headed towards Baga as per our plan. On the way we stopped to watch a cricket match that was being played on the fields close to the Bodgeshwar temple at Mapusa. Pritam was very interested in the match and didn't want to leave from there but we forcefully took him with us. The World Cup Final was very boring. It was a totally one sided match and from the beginning everyone knew that Australia was going to win. Still we waited till about 1 for some miracle to happen and hoping that Sri Lanka would win but that did not happen. Bored of the match we finally decided to go home.

On the second day plans were to go to Colva beach for lunch. We left at 10 in the morning. I was accompanied by Fritz, Hamish, Jesni and Maria all of whome studied with me in Xavier's. The reason we had come to Colva for lunch was because Fritz had read a good review about Joseph's shack on some blog and in Goa I don't mind traveling if I get to eat good sea food. After a bit of searching and asking people we found that the name was actually Josefa. We were disappointed with the shack since most of the stuff that we wanted to eat was not available, so we just had some fish fingers and moved out of the place. We had lunch at Sun Sea Sand which is a shack on the Colva beach.

Next was the movie day. I went to see Ta Ra Rum Pum with some classmates. The movie was good for time pass. Typical bollywood movie with lots of songs. Adit and me had lunch at City Pride which is a small restaurant cum bar on the road running perpendicular to the Kala Academy. The fish there was really good, I especially liked the tisreo. In the evening I met some friends at Cafe Coffee Day Miramar. My cousins wedding was on the 2nd so there was some function at his place on the 1st, I spent most of the morning at his place. Other than that nothing eventful happened on the 1st. My bus was to leave Goa at 7 Pm but as usual it left at 8pm.

Since this was a long weekend most people who work in Pune and Bangalore were down in Goa. The sad thing is that once people start working such weekends are the only time when you get to meet old friends who work in other states. This time I managed to meet some people after a long time but there were a few who could not make it. Hope to see them the next time....

2 comments:

fritzdsouza said...

I am still disappointed with the colva shack food though :(
but the kappi nirvana at colva ccd was gd :)

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks