Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Trip to Orissa.. Day 1

The preparations for the trip began on the 4th of December early in the morning when I started packing for my 5 day trip to Orissa. The ocassion for the trip is my teammates (ex-teammates) wedding. In the evening after completing my work in office me and my other colleague left office in hope of catching the company shuttle to Aund (a location in Pune). We had planned of catching a bus to Mumbai from Aund since we have to catch our flight to Orissa from Mumbai airport. Unfortunately we missed the shuttle but fortunately got tickets to a volvo that was leavng for Mumbai from the Pune station area.

The journey lasted for around four hours and all the while we were totally confused about the exact location of the Mumbai domestic airport. We finally managed to reach the airport at around 1:00 AM in the morning.

Right now I am writing this post while sitting in the airport waiting area. My flight to Orissa is scheduled to leave at 10:30 AM, and I have no clue what I am going to do for the next 5 hours. May be i'll spend the time reading a book, or may be play a game on my PSP or may be watch a movie on my laptop :P. Guess I have lots of options to kill time, just hoping that I dont fall asleep while sitting here (I haven't slept the whole night :( )

One interesting thing about this airport is that there are 5 WiFi access points here (Kingfisher, Indian, Airtel, Tata Indicom and EZCOMM). Only the airtel connection is free but the credentials are sent by SMS to a cell number after registering the mobile number. I tried registering my phone but the SMS has still not reached me :(.

Hope I get to write a post tomorrow from Orissa. For now I am waiting for my flight and the SMS from airtel.

PS: Pictures attached are of the Chatrapati Shivaji international airport, Mumbai.

No comments: