Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Trip to Orissa.. Day 2

The day began with me sitting in the waiting are of the CSI Airport Mumbai. That is where my last post had ended, so let me continue. I had to spend almost 5 hours on the airport, waiting for my flight. I almost fell asleep a couple of times while sitting. I guess I had not mentioned this earlier but I have never travelled by plane before this.

The plane was supposed to takeoff at 10:25 AM, but as with most of the flights and trains in India it was delayed by 1 hour. Well to summarize my first flying experience, really liked the view while takeoffs and landings, food was good and the air hostesses were really old. This was the only disappointing thing about flying by Indian Airlines. The flight reached Raipur, Chattisgar in about 1 hour 45 mins and then halted there for 40 mins. From Raipur it took us 45 mins to reach Bhubaneshwar.

After reaching the lodge it was time for lunch. Since I was already full with the food that I had had in the plane I chose to eat some snacks. Orissa like Bengal is known for its sweets and I thought of trying some sweet dish. I ordered the “Steam Cake”, had no idea what to expect but found it similar to a dish made in Goa, its called “Kharvs”. No time to explain about Kharvas now. After lunch I slept for a couple of hours and by the time I got up it was time to leave for my team mates baarat. Good thing is nobody forced me to dance (I cant dance). The food at the wedding was great. There were so many dishes that I had not tried earlier, and finally I had my favourite dessert, ice cream.. Yummy..

New dishes tried today – Dahi wada dum aloo, Steam cake and Rohu (Fish) fry

PS: Attached pictures of the plane that I travelled in and my team mates baarat.

Tomorrow I will be visiting the Puri temple and the Sun temple at Konark. Snaps will be uploaded on my picasa web album as soon as possible…

No comments: