Friday, November 14, 2008

My experiments with spirits

Looking at the title of this post if you are here to learn some strange voodo rituals to resurrect the spirits of the dead, then you will be really dissapointed because this post is not about that. www.supervoodoospells.com is probably a site where you will find some spells to do that. This post is about the other kind of spirit, a.k.a booze, alcohol or soro. Let me give you a brief idea about my booze drinking abilities. I am not a frequent drinker, there was a time not so long ago when a breezer was enough to get me high. Since a long time I have limited myself to one glass of beer or a bottle of breezer. It was a couple of month’s back that I tried my first hot drink, it was brandy and I tried it at home when I had caught cold. Since the brandy time I have tried a couple of different liquors (brandy, rum and whiskey) and analysed the effect of having beer, rum and whiskey all together at one party :). But what happened yesterday was a new personal best for me.

Yesterday was our company product release party. So free booze :). I have noticed that people go crazy at parties where there is free booze especially because liquor in Pune is way expensive compared to Goa. I started with a breezer to get into the mood, thanks to my frequent drinking (once a month) it was just like having orange juice. It was time to move to stronger stuff a.k.a beer. I had a fosters pint and that too didn’t do much damage so it was whiskey time. I made myself a small or medium peg of signature with pepsi. By the time the glass was over the familiar old feeling of loosing control was back, but I could still stand and walk straight. Was time for another drink, Jack Daniels this time and the cocktail was made by a friend Austin the builder (he is a Goan guy who works in the build team). It was a small peg of the whiskey half part soda and half part pepsi, stirred not shaken :P. It was not too sweet or not too bitter, just perfect. I sipped on two more of those cocktails while looking at everything in slow motion. This was the first time I was so high. Everything appeared to be moving slowly, the girls looked prettier and I danced :). I never dance, but when you are drunk, raising one hand in the air and jumping isn't that difficult.

The evening ended with my total drink count at 6. After dinner I could walk properly and since everything seemed to move slowly, I could really ride my bike better than when I am sober :).

The next thing I want to try is Absinthe, and I will probably be doing that in December. Until then Cheers...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well really gud 1.. :)
n "cheers" to u .. :)

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, this idea is necessary just by the way